Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Seitan burritos

Tonight's dinner was an effort to use up the last of my homemade chicken-style seitan (from this recipe - best chicken-style seitan ever!). I sliced up three seitan pieces into thin strips and sauteed them with 5 scallions (leftover from last week's CSA share). Meanwhile, I topped two whole wheat tortillas with refried black beans, some red-veined Italian chicory leaves from my garden, some fresh cilantro (also from last week's CSA share), and veggie cheese slices. Once the seitan was browned, I put half on each tortilla, folded them up into burrito-like bundles, placed into a small baking dish, and topped each with salsa. Popped the dish into the microwave for a couple of minutes and... done! Quite yummy.

I should note that I'm originally from Texas, so Tex-Mex is one of my favorite cuisines. I'm still getting used to eating it without a lot of cheese, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment